Best Practices for Parent Education and Support Programs
- 2015 Snapshot of Parenting Education in Oregon – Oregon State University
- WHAT WORKS, WISCONSIN – RESEARCH TO PRACTICE SERIES
Issue #10, August 2010; ANNE SAMUELSON, University of Wisconsin–Madison and University of Wisconsin–Extension
- Programs Seeking to Prevent Child Abuse
Lisa C. Shannon, Ph.D., Extension Associate: Children, Youth, and Families
North Carolina State University Cooperative Extension Service
- Parenting Success Network
- Best Practices in Parenting Education
by Rachel A. Ozretich, M.S., Certified Family Life Educator, Parent Education Coordinator, Family and Community Development June 2000
Oregon State University Extension Service, Corvallis, OR 97331-5106
- Child Trends
- Parenting Education Network
- Jack Shonkoff – Building Adult Capabilities
- Attendance Works – Attendance Works is a national and state initiative that promotes better policy and practice around school attendance.
- Horizon’s National – Horizons National is a network of transformational, community-centered education programs that put low-income children on a path to success in school and life. Horizons programs are closing the opportunity gap by offering a high-quality learning experience outside of the traditional school year. Watch Summer Learning Video
- Breaking the Iron Cage: Helping People in Poverty Move Forward – Stereotypes of people living in poverty in America are deeply imbedded in our society. Before our country can move forward with fighting the war on poverty, we must make a collective effort to examine personal beliefs and open our minds to new interpretations of the behavior of those struggling without basic needs. Click Here for more information
- Winter/Spring 2016 Parenting Educator Post Newsletter- Connecting Oregon parenting educators to quality, professional development opportunities.
- Seeing Color: A Community Story Telling Event on Feb. 10 in Jackson County and on Feb. 11 in Josephine. Find out more.
- Women’s Foundation of Oregon Community Listening Tour: will be held in Medford April 14th, 2014. Find out more.
- The 2016 JCAEYC Conference will be held in Medford February 26-27, 2016. Find out more here.
- The 2016 OPEC Conference will be Monday, May 16. Click to view flyer.
- Free Webinar: Introduction to Trauma Informed Care for Children, Caregivers and Ourselves. Webinar will be held Friday June 3rd from 10:00am to 11:30am. Register Here