- This event has passed.
Building Resilient Families – Central Point
November 5, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until December 17, 2019
email@example.com * 541-734-5150
October 22 till December 17
Meets once per week for 2 hours
@ Central Point Elementary
450 S. 4th Street
Central Point, OR
*Dinner is served, child care offered for ages 3-10. Completion certificate for 18 parenting education hours available.
OCTOBER 22 – 1 Session of “N.E.A.R. (Neurobiology, Epigenetics, Adverse Childhood Experiences and Resilience” presented by Southern Oregon Success
- Why positive parenting during the early years matters
- Setting a foundation of nurturing parenting, appropriate ages and stages learning experiences, safety, and social and emotional intelligence.
7 Sessions of General Parenting Education
- Community Resources (All Parenting Educators are experts on their community and can help families get services they need)
- Positive Parenting/Positive Discipline (age appropriate)
- School Readiness
- Playing (is learning) with Children
- Appropriate Rules & Expectations
- Ages & Stages Development (Sleep Routines, Potty Training, Screen Time, Brain Development, Emotional needs, etc.)
- Nutrition, Exercise, & Routines
- Family Budgeting & Money Management (this also ties into Stress Management)
- Parental Self-Care & Stress/Anger Management
- Communication (with Children and other Family Members)
DECEMBER 17 – 1 Session of “Self-Regulation & Resilience” presented by Southern Oregon Success
- Meal for parents and children
- Child Care taught with social-emotional curriculum
- Attendance Prizes
Building Resilient Families™ has been designed to offer support to families as they navigate parenting children ages 0-10. Weekly parenting topics will include: co-parenting, communication, parent self-care, stress management, positive parenting, nutrition & routines, expectations & family rules, child development, and more. The goal is to develop a foundation of understanding and cooperation that will carry families through challenging times and create opportunities for growth and celebration of learned skills.
What to expect at a Family Connection events: learn more