- This event has passed.
Free Preschool Play Groups- Various Times & Locations
October 8 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Tuesday and Friday, repeating indefinitely
Who is it for?
For young children 0-5 years old and the grandparents, aunts, uncles, parents, neighbors, friends and others who take care of them. You may attend as many weekly sessions as you’d like!
What happens there?
We have fun together singing songs, reading stories, creating art, playing and learning, making new friends, and learning about child development. Parenting topics are discussed, please let your KPL facilitator know that you’d like a presentation by a Family Connection Parenting Educator.
At each Kaleidoscope Play & Learn group there is:
- Time for children and caregivers to participate together in open-ended, child-directed play at different play centers as well as in a planned, coordinated group activity
- Intentional caregiver learning, which is done through facilitator modeling, coaching and guidance, brief lessons, or written materials
- Time and opportunities for caregivers to interact and connect with each other
- Opportunities for children to interact with each other
- Opportunities for caregivers to develop leadership and to participate in the planning and running of the Kaleidoscope Play & Learn group
“Play allows children to use their creativity while developing their imagination, dexterity, and physical, cognitive, and emotional strength,” according to an American Academy of Pediatrics’ report. “It allows children to explore the world, practice adult roles, and gain confidence. And it improves children’s social skills as well, by helping them to “learn how to work in groups, to share, to negotiate, to resolve conflicts, and to learn self-advocacy skills.”
There is a weekly theme that focuses on a specific area of child development. We also give out an informational parent handout and activities that can be done at home.
(please confirm dates/times/locations before travel)
What to expect at a Family Connection events: learn more