“Preparing For School Success”
This 2-hour workshop is from the Active Parenting: First 5 Years© curriculum, it focuses on what parents can do to create rich and varied early learning experiences so a transition into a school setting (pre-k or formal kindergarten) is a breeze. Parenting is a learned skill, come learn with us and get connected to community resources. Earn a Lake Shore Kinder-Kit from with your attendance!
6 smart things active parents can do to help their child get ready for school:
☑ Encourage play
☑ Encourage learning
☑ Read and talk with your child
☑ Monitor and limit screen time
☑ Teach social skills
☑ Stimulate independence
In-person programs will have snacks, child care will not be provided.
Zoom links will be sent to your email before the event.
Choose a workshop and RSVP today!
- Thursday, 6/16/22, 7:00pm-9:00pm Pacific Time on Zoom
- IN-PERSON Saturday, 6/18/22, 1:00pm-3:00pm, First Presbyterian Church of J’ville – 425 Middle Street, Jacksonville
- IN-PERSON Tuesday, 7/12/22, 1:00pm-3:00pm, Grace Point Church – 213 S Fir Street, Medford
- Saturday, 7/16/22, 9:00am-11:00am Pacific Time on Zoom
- IN-PERSON Thursday, 8/4/22, 1:00pm-3:00pm, SOELS – 918 Chevy Way, Medford
- Saturday, 8/6/22, 7:00pm-9:00pm Pacific Time on Zoom