- This event has passed.
The Science of NEAR Parenting Workshop – Medford
October 28, 2019 @ 4:45 pm - 6:45 pmFree
The Science of N.E.A.R. (Neurobiology, Epigenetics, Adverse Childhood Experiences and Resilience)
Presented by: Peter Buckley and the ACE Interface Team
Monday Oct 28
@ South Medford Head Start
1531 S. Peach Street
RSVP: ALight@socfc.org * 541-779-2462
- Understands that an event does not have to be catastrophic in order to be “traumatic” and that symptoms of trauma can manifest following any highly stressful experience that causes lasting emotional or physical effects.
- Is better equipped to help their child cope with and rise above trauma related health issues or post-traumatic stress.
- Appreciates their children’s unique temperaments recognizing that while a divorce to one child may be a bump in the road, to another it can be devastating.
- Is aware of ACES: (Adverse Childhood Experiences Study) and knows where to find help should their child’s score warrant attention.
- Knows that post-traumatic stress can mimic other issues such as ADHD, emotional outbursts, isolation, social problems and poor school performance.
What to expect at a Family Connection events: learn more