The Family Connection is funded by a grant from Oregon Parenting Education Collaborative. We partner with other Jackson and Josephine county organizations to provide free parenting education classes, workshops, and events for families. Our target audience is all parents or guardians from all socio-economic demographics. Our mission is to decrease adverse childhood experiences by normalizing parenting education. Our desired outcome is that families are supported in learning the skills to raise happy, healthy, school-ready children. We actively seek partner organizations serving parent or child populations to help us implement our mission.
Our mission is two fold: We coordinate free parenting classes for any parent or family member to attend, and we also professionalize the career of “Parenting Educator” by offering many training and teaching opportunities. Learn more about Parenting Education.
English/Spanish Printable Flyer for you to print for child files, your community resources table, bulletin board, etc. Please print these and use them as outreach to families in your sphere of influence!
Current Programming & Partners
Please see our calendar to see the kind of programming we do and our current partners. View Here
Brochures, flyers, and other promotional material
Please email us to request brochures, flyers, and other promotional material to table at your office. Email Us Here
We are also available to table at family friendly events in Jackson or Josephine counties, please contact us for more information. Contact us Here
Like our Facebook Page
Like Us Click Here
What The Family Connection Can Do For Your Organization:
- Train your staff to teach an evidence-based curriculum to your clients at little cost to you. Your staff, along with their ORO professional development, can apply on www.orparenting.org (ORpen) to continue their professional development as a Parenting Educator (one who teaches parents best practices and gives evidence based advice about parenting).
- Allow for partnership with a positive local organization doing passionate, important work in the Southern oregon community. Centrally located between Jackson and Josephine counties in Central Point, Oregon, we are in the perfect position to serve both greater Medford and Grants Pass, as well as all outlying locations. All of our work is evidence based and supported by OPEC (Oregon Parenting Education Collaboration) with a scientific base out of Oregon State University.
- Offer additional services to your staff and/or clients that you may not provide due to finances or staffing constraints.
- Open up opportunity for a wealth of resources to parents/guardians and Parenting Education professionals.
- Provide courses on evidence-based curricula to your clients, staff, or others in your sphere of influence.
It is our hope that normalizing Parenting Education as a community effort will be the first defense in preventing adverse, traumatic events in a child’s life. It is also our hope that parents that do not “have a village” can feel supported and empowered in this community to raise well-adjusted, ready-to-learn children. Parents have what it takes!
Your “Yes” is the first step to healing our community by teaching parents how to positively parent their children.
What You Can Do For The Family Connection:
Say “Yes” to a beneficial partnership!
What Our Parent Education Classes Include (with your partnership):
- Certified Parenting Educator
- Free Meal
- Quality Childcare
- Incentive Giveaways
- Parenting Workbook
- A fun, supportive atmosphere to talk about real parenting!
Series to Choose From
We’d love to sit down and talk with you about which class series would be suitable for your staff or clientele or we can also accommodate topical workshops. Please contact us at: 541-734-5150 x1042, Diana.Bennington@socfc.org
If you are interested in implementing a class here, please contact us for a meeting.