We define a Parenting Educator as a professional who provides guidance, support, and education for individuals in their role as a parent to impact their knowledge, skills, and development leading to improved parent-child interaction and child outcomes.
Certified Parenting Educators play an important role in helping parents become the first and forever teachers in their children’s lives. The Family Connection provides professional training and job opportunities to Parenting Educators that are passionate about improving the lives of parents and children. Please learn more about this career opportunity below.
Why become a Parenting Educator for The Family Connection?
- Independent Contractor position/contract.
- Work 4 hours per week for 7 or 12 sessions. This includes prep time.
- Work for an organization that makes a positive difference in families’ lives.
The Family Connection will support you in this endeavor!
- Scholarships available to be trained in certified Parenting Education Curricula
- We will advertise the parenting program (class sizes are 10-15 adults).
- We will coordinate and manage the implementation of the program (curricula fidelity, child care, meals, attendance gifts, etc.)
- We will be available to you for troubleshooting for the entire series.
What we’ll expect from you:
- A meeting to discuss implementation and responsibilities.
- An interactive group experience at each Parenting Class.
- Be flexible in picking up meals for your classes.
- Be personable and friendly towards parents.
- Set out a resource table for parents and connect families to community resources.
- Gather data for us about your class for us to present to our funders.