Families & Parents
Not sure where to start? You are in the right place! The Family Connection Parenting Programs are self sign-up class series with no eligibility. It is a free service to all families in southern Oregon.
→Did you know? OHP customers can use TransLink and ReadyRide as non-emergency transportation to The Family Connection’s free parenting programs. Please confirm with each program regarding scheduling procedures.
These are our current parenting programs, click the images for more information:
Parenting is hard work! As Southern Oregon’s Parenting Hub, the The Family Connection and The Oregon Parenting Education Collaborative (OPEC) were founded to help. Please take advantage of our parenting classes, workshops, and events! Great parenting doesn’t happen in isolation… Let’s get connected.
Family & Parent News
Classes Available to You
View All Events
- Monthly OPEC and The Family Connection newsletters: Click Here
- OPEC and The Family Connection blog: Click Here
- Kids In The House: Click Here
- Kids in the House is the ultimate online source for parenting. Seeking advice on how to handle a situation with your children has never been easier and more effective.
- PBS Parents: Click Here
- Find videos and articles on: Children and Media, Raising Boys, Raising Girls, and Expert Parenting Tips and Advice.
- Download Daily Vroom: Click Here
- This is a free app that will send you a personalized daily reminder to positively interact with your child. Every activity is free and can be worked into your daily routine. Please try it for a few weeks and let us know how you like it!
- 211info Local Resources Form— Click Here
- Please use this form to find local childcare, local free preschools, housing assistance, food banks, and other resources for your family.
- If this form is confusing, you may quick dial 2-1-1 on any phone and be greeted by a caring, empathetic professional to help you find the local resources your family needs.