Families & Parents
Parenting is hard work! As Southern Oregon’s Parenting Hub, the The Family Connection and The Oregon Parenting Education Collaborative (OPEC) were founded to help. Please take advantage of our parenting classes, workshops, and events! Great parenting doesn’t happen in isolation… Let’s get connected!
Not sure where to start? You are in the right place!
Classes Available to You
- It will be FREE.
- If you are attending a series, it will be 1 day per week for 2 hours for a set amount of weeks.
- You will receive free incentive items for coming and a free meal each time you attend. Depending on the weekly meeting/series, there may be a large prize at the end for excellent attendance, etc. Those types of extras are explained in the description details of the event.
- Most classes have free childcare (some of our morning classes do not because children will be in school and non-mobile infants are welcome to attend with their adult). See the description details.
- It will be meaningful and educational for Parents and Children.
- Your teacher is professionally certified to teach the evidence based curriculum you are learning.
- It will be a warm, friendly environment and a place to learn and grow.
- You will create friendships.
- We will respect and value your beliefs and family.
- We are reluctant to call our weekly meetings “parenting classes” because that has such a stigma attached to it. However, normalizing positive parenting practices is the first form of preventative care to shield children from adverse experiences and empower parents to be the best they can be!
- Parents have what it takes! We are here to support you!
View All Events
- Monthly OPEC and The Family Connection newsletters: Click Here
- OPEC and The Family Connection blog: Click Here
- Kids In The House: Click Here
- Kids in the House is the ultimate online source for parenting. Seeking advice on how to handle a situation with your children has never been easier and more effective.
- PBS Parents: Click Here
- Find videos and articles on: Children and Media, Raising Boys, Raising Girls, and Expert Parenting Tips and Advice.
- Download Daily Vroom: Click Here
- This is a free app that will send you a personalized daily reminder to positively interact with your child. Every activity is free and can be worked into your daily routine. Please try it for a few weeks and let us know how you like it!
- 211info Local Resources Form— Click Here
- Please use this form to find local childcare, local free preschools, housing assistance, food banks, and other resources for your family.
- If this form is confusing, you may quick dial 2-1-1 on any phone and be greeted by a caring, empathetic professional to help you find the local resources your family needs.