This workshop is offered in-person in Grants Pass or Medford the second Saturday of each month, from 9am-12pm with a virtual ZOOM option. Ideally you would do a workshop 1–2 months before your baby’s due date. Complete the registration form @ gpbootcampfornewdads.com at least two weeks before the workshop you want to take. A Boot Camp facilitator will contact you to confirm your registration and choice of in-person location or Zoom.
At Boot Camp for New Dads, veteran fathers bring their babies and let you interact with a real newborn. If your baby is already born and you’d still like to learn about infant care, infant mental health, brain development, partner support, etc… you are VERY welcome to join.
YOU’LL LEARN HOW TO:
• Troubleshoot when a baby cries
• Develop a bond
• Keep your baby safe
• Deal with relatives
• Burp, change, and swaddle
• Form a parenting team
• Prevent child abuse
• Provide the help new moms need from dads
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
• This FREE 3-hour workshop takes place the second Saturday of each month.
• Ideally, you attend this training for new dads 1–2 months before your first baby is due.
• Facilitator can connect you to community resources to help your family
• Free swag bag full of infant items and free resources for local families!
• Dads who have previously attended Boot Camp bring their 2- to 12-month-old babies.
• Rookie dads ask questions. Veterans dads answer questions and share their experiences.
• Trained coaches educate about parenting topics and facilitate discussions.
• Rookies get hands-on time with babies, with no mothers in sight.